If you’re an Oura ring user, you may have experienced the frustration of trying to connect your ring to your phone or other devices only to find that it won’t connect.
It can be frustrating when you encounter this issue, especially if you rely on your Oura ring for tracking your sleep, activity, and other important health metrics.
But don’t worry, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix oura ring not connecting issue.
In this blog post, we’ll go over the different reasons why your Oura ring might not be connecting and provide some easy solutions to help you get your ring working again.
Why is my Oura Ring not Connecting? Here are some Possible Causes
In case you are wondering what could be the cause, here are some possibilities:
- Weak Bluetooth connection: If the Bluetooth connection between your Oura ring and smartphone is weak, the ring may not be able to connect properly. This can happen if the devices are too far apart, if there are obstacles between them, or if there are other electronic devices causing interference.
- Low battery: Both the Oura ring and your smartphone need to have enough battery power in order to connect and communicate with each other. If either one of them is running low on battery, it may cause the connection to drop or fail altogether.
- Incorrect time settings: The Oura ring and smartphone need to be set to the same time in order to communicate properly. If the time settings on one or both of the devices are incorrect, it can cause the connection to fail.
- Software or firmware updates: If you’ve recently installed a software or firmware update on your Oura ring or smartphone, it may have caused a glitch that is preventing the two devices from connecting.
- Ring placement: The Oura ring is designed to be worn on the index or middle finger of your non-dominant hand. If you’re wearing it on another finger or if it’s not properly seated on your finger, it may not be able to connect to your smartphone.
- Interference: Electronic devices such as WiFi routers, laptops, and other smart devices can cause interference that can prevent your Oura ring from connecting to your smartphone.
- Bluetooth turned off: Finally, make sure that the Bluetooth on your smartphone is turned on and not in airplane mode. If it’s turned off or in airplane mode, the Oura ring won’t be able to connect to it.
Guide to Fix Oura Ring not Connecting issue
If you’re having trouble connecting your Oura ring to your smartphone, don’t worry – it’s a common issue and can usually be fixed quickly. Getting your ring back up and running is as easy as following these steps:
- First things first, check the Bluetooth connection on both your ring and phone. Make sure it’s strong and stable.
- Next, check the batteries on both your ring and phone. If they’re low, give them a charge before moving on to the next step.
- Now, take a look at the time settings on both your ring and phone. They need to be exactly the same in order for the connection to work properly. If they’re not, adjust them so they match.
- After you’ve tried all of these steps and you’re still having trouble connecting, try restarting both your ring and phone. This can sometimes do the trick.
- If you’re still having issues, try updating the Oura app on your phone. This could solve the problem and get your ring working again.
- If all else fails, don’t hesitate to reach out to Oura customer support for help. They’ll be able to provide you with further assistance and get you back on track.
All in all, fixing the Oura ring not connecting issue isn’t too difficult. Just follow the steps above and you’ll be back up and running in no time!
OURA Ring replaced my Apple Watch and here’s why.
Related Oura Ring Articles
Finally, if you’re having trouble connecting your Oura ring to your smartphone, don’t panic! It’s a common issue and can usually be fixed easily. Just follow the steps above – check your Bluetooth connection, check and charge your batteries, adjust your time settings, restart your devices, update the Oura app, and contact customer support if needed – and you’ll be back to tracking your activity and sleep in no time. Happy connecting!
Q1. How can I contact Oura customer support for help?
Ans: If you need help with your Oura ring and can’t find the answers you’re looking for, you can contact Oura customer support for assistance. To do so, you can either visit their website and click on the “Contact” tab, or you can send them an email at email@example.com. They’ll be happy to help you out and get your ring working properly again.
Q2. How do I update the Oura app on my smartphone?
Ans: To update the Oura app on your smartphone, simply go to the app store/play store on your phone and search for “Oura.” From there, you should see the option to update the app – simply follow the instructions and you’ll be all set. It’s as easy as that!
Q3. What are the signs that my Oura Ring is working?
Ans: To know if your Oura ring is working properly, you need to ensure it’s connected to your smartphone. Once it’s connected, you can check the app to see if your activity and sleep data is being tracked and recorded. You can also try some basic functions on the ring, like checking the time or using the vibration alarm, to see if they’re working properly. If everything seems to be working as it should, then your Oura ring is likely functioning properly. If you’re still unsure, you can always contact Oura customer support for further assistance.