There aren’t many things more satisfying than coming back from a long day of work and watching that highly-anticipated movie or show with your family or friends on the weekend night. If you’re bored of Netflix, Disney+, and Prime Video libraries and are looking for a new streaming app, check out Max – where you can enjoy some of the best content from Warner Brothers Discovery on-demand.
Following WarnerMedia’s mega-merger with Discovery in 2022, the media conglomerate giant has recently revitalized its former HBO Max streaming service as just “Max,” likely to appeal to families instead of only the adult demographics. It’s more than just a logo change, bringing in a diverse library of lifestyle, true crime, and reality programs from Discovery networks.
Max, like its predecessor, is streamable on various devices, from phones and tablets to computers to connected TVs and streaming media players. And yes, that includes your Amazon Firestick too, which is why you’re here in the first place.
We’ll guide you through installing and activating Max on Firestick to help you watch the latest dramas, comedies, thrillers, blockbusters, and your favorite unscripted TV shows from some of the best networks, franchises, and studios in the TV business.
How to Install Max on Firestick?
Warner Bros. Discovery has started gradually phasing out the older HBO Max app and migrating its existing users to the new platform via an update on most compatible devices. Those who previously used HBO Max on Firestick should receive the update by now, that’s assuming:
- Your Fire TV device has internet access via the home Wi-Fi network.
- You’ve enabled Automatic Updates on your Firestick (Settings > Applications > Appstore).
Alternatively, select the Apps or ⋯ icon on the far right side of your Fire TV Home page, highlight HBO Max in the “Your Apps & Games” list, and press the OPTIONS (≡) remote button. Then, choose More Info, and see if you get the Update option on the following Appstore screen that appears.
For those newly introduced to the service who never streamed HBO Max, we’ve outlined steps to install Max on Firestick as follows:
- Power on your Firestick, allow it to boot up, and auto-connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- From the Fire TV Home screen, navigate to the Find tab and click the Search
- On older Firestick models, click the Search (magnifying glass) icon at the top of the Home page.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type “Max” and select the matching app from the results below. You should recognize the new Max app tile under the “Apps & Subscriptions” row on the following screen. Select it to continue.
- Click Get, Download, or Update, depending on the option you see on the Appstore overview page.
You should get the option to Open the app after a minute, meaning you’ve successfully installed it on your Firestick.
To access Max, select the ellipsis (⋯) icon next to the row of your pinned apps on the Home screen. If you have an older Firestick device, long-press the HOME remote button and select Apps on the quick access screen. The Max streaming app should be at the bottom of the “Your Apps & Channels” menu.
To launch Max directly from the Home page, highlight the Max app tile, press the OPTIONS (≡) button on the remote, and click Move. After that, drag the app to the top row and confirm the change by pressing the SELECT remote button.
How to Sign Up For Max on Firestick?
Max continues to be a subscription-based video-on-demand service with three monthly plans to choose from:
- Ad-Lite: Occasional advertisements and up to two simultaneous streams
- Ad-Free: Zero ad breaks with streaming on up to two devices
- Ultimate: Ad-free streaming in up to 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos (select titles) across four concurrent screens
The good news is that all legacy HBO Max subscribers are eligible for account migration to the new Max app. You don’t lose your account profiles, watch lists, “Continue Watching” data, personalized recommendations, payment details, billing information, etc.
Former HBO Max subscribers can log into Max with their same old account credentials on Firestick and other compatible devices. In fact, they’ll enjoy the same perks included in their previous subscription plan on Max (e.g., 4K with Ad-Free) for six months following Max’s May 2023 launch.
|Note: Although Max combines the HBO Max and Discovery+ library, the latter continues to operate as a cheaper standalone OTT platform. Discovery Plus subscribers won’t be able to use their account details to log into Max or vice-versa.|
The same goes for anyone previously getting HBO or HBO Max with their TV, internet, and mobile package. Max currently supports logging in with AT&T, Cox, Cricket, Dish, DirecTV, Hulu, Optimum, Prime Video Channels, Spectrum, Verizon, and Xfinity, with the list growing day by day.
While you can register for Max directly from your Amazon Fire TV device (or restore your subscription from Amazon Appstore), we strongly suggest signing up from max.com if you plan to use your streaming subscription on other devices.
Visit Max’s official site from your phone or computer web browser and look for the option to subscribe or sign up – after which you’re a minute or two away from having your verified Max account with an active monthly or annual subscription. With your account credentials ready, check out the below section to activate Max on Firestick.
You May Like: Watch Max on Vizio Smart TV
How to Activate Max on Firestick?
Whether you just signed up for Max or logging in as a returning HBO Max subscriber, use these steps to activate the streaming app on your Fire TV device:
- Launch Max from your Fire TV Home screen or the “Your Apps & Channels” menu.
- Click the Profile icon at the top-left corner of Max’s Home page, then choose Sign In.
- Enter the associated email address and password, and click the Sign In
If you get Max through a third-party provider, select “Sign in with a Provider” on the login screen and follow the instructions below.
- Go to the link (g., max.com/activate, activate.max.com) on the activation screen from your phone or computer browser.
- Enter the six-character code you see on your TV screen and tap Next.
- Pick your respective provider from the list and continue logging in with your provider credentials.
On successful login, Max should bring you to the “Who is Watching” screen, where you simply choose or create your profile and start exploring the streamer’s expansive on-demand content catalog.
Also Check: Max on Sony Smart TV
Features & Offerings of Max on Firestick
Max is Warner Bros. Discovery’s brand-new SVOD service that combines what viewers loved the most about HBO Max and Discovery Plus. It offers a wide range of content for every mood and interest, from award-winning dramas and comedies to real-life shows and documentaries.
With Max on Firestick, you can watch hundreds of iconic original series from HBO and Max and pick from a growing catalog of crave-worthy titles from Warner Bros. Discovery-owned brands, franchises, networks, and studios.
You also gain access to a massive collection of blockbuster films of all genres, with the newest and upcoming WB theatrical releases debuting exclusively on Max – most of which you can enjoy in up to 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos surround sound (on compatible devices).
Max also gets a revamped user interface across all supported devices, focusing on simplified content discovery, intuitive navigation, and undisrupted streaming performance. Below are some features of the Max streaming app on Firestick:
- Easily browse or search through categories such as Series, Movies, HBO, and popular genres and brands.
- You can create personalized profiles for every family member, with customizable ratings, PIN protection, and kid-proof exit options.
- Resume watching titles from where you left off across your Firestick and other devices.
- Keep track of your favorite programs, films, and other titles in one place with the “My Stuff” feature.
- Stream the latest movies and shows in 4K with HDR and Dolby Atmos surround sound (exclusive to Ultimate subscribers, requires 4K-enabled Fire TV device and a compatible UHD TV)
- Max Not Working on Firestick – How to Fix?
- Watch Max on LG Smart TV
- Fix Max downloads not working issue
Enjoy Max on Firestick
The competition between streaming platforms, especially in the US market, has become more intense than ever before. Services such as Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and Prime Video, among others, are all vying for viewers’ attention and subscriptions. Meanwhile, Max seeks to reinvent itself in this highly competitive market.
Now that you get the on-demand offerings of HBO Max and Discovery+ under one roof, there’s no better time to try out Max on Firestick. Hopefully, the installation, registration, and activation instructions provided in this guide are suitably comprehensive to assist you in your streaming endeavors.
It’s worth noting that Max is available on not only the Firestick models but also the Fire TV Cube and Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, so the outlined steps apply to all the other Amazon Fire TV devices too.