The following guide will show you how to fix NordicTrack bike display not working. If you are a proud owner of a NordicTrack Exercise Bike, you already know the benefits of this high-end fitness machine. With advanced and convenient features, NordicTrack bikes make your daily workout routine challenging, engaging, and effective.
But like any other electronic equipment, you may experience technical difficulties with your smart exercise bike, with one of the most frustrating issues being when the screen stops working. A malfunctioning display bars you from tracking your progress, adjusting your resistance levels, and following workout programs.
Fortunately, one can fix the problems that cause a NordicTrack bike display to stop working. Our troubleshooting guide explores some common causes and provides solutions to help you diagnose the problem, so you can return to your workout routine and achieve your fitness goals.
How to Fix NordicTrack Bike Display Not Working Issue
Is Your NordicTrack Bike Getting Power?
If your NordicTrack bike display not working, start by verifying if it’s receiving sufficient power from the outlet, without which your machine won’t function properly. To determine whether your bike is receiving enough power, use these tips:
- Check your wall outlet to ensure it’s providing power. Confirm plugging the power cord firmly into the outlet and that there are no visible signs of damage or fraying.
- Test the wall outlet by plugging in another device. If the outlet isn’t providing power, you may need to check your breaker or move the bike to a different location.
- Some NordicTrack bikes produce static when the motor runs, causing outlets to flip the breaker. If this happens, try using a different outlet.
- Provided the outlet works fine, your bike may have a loose connection. Inspect all the cables and connections to ensure they’re securely attached and free of damage.
- Inspect the console cords that connect the bike to the display. The wire connections on your machine can get loose and disconnected due to repetitive motions and vibrations. Ensure they’re securely attached and aren’t damaged.
Checking the Connections
Follow these steps to check and fix wire connections on your NordicTrack bike. The exact process may differ based on your particular model.
- Start by unplugging your bike from the outlet.
- Locate the main wire, which typically runs through the upright and connects to the console screen. Refer to your device manual to see how it looks.
- Check the connections and pins on the main wire. The pins sit inside a small plastic housing, connecting the wire to the controller or console screen.
- Verify none of the pins are bent or broken. If you find a bent pin, carefully insert it back into place.
- Check for pinch points along the wire’s path between the two parts. If there’s visible damage at any point, you may need to ask for a replacement.
- Reconnect the main wire. If there’s no damage, plug your NordicTrack bike back in. Avoid touching wires or electrical components while your bike is powered on.
Video Guide: Wire Harness Connector Issues (ProForm, NordicTrack)
Adjust the Reed Switch
If your NordicTrack bike display shows inaccurate readings for cadence, distance, RPM, speed, or watts during your workout, a misaligned reed switch (speed sensor) may be the culprit. Here’s what to do:
- First, unplug your NordicTrack bike from its power outlet or surge protector for safety.
- Remove your bike’s left crank plastic cover, then the shield cover, to access the reed switch. If you’re unsure how to do this, consult your bike’s user manual.
- Locate the reed switch and align it with the pulley magnet by cranking one of the pedals.
- After aligning it, use a screwdriver to loosen the adjustment screw on the reed switch.
- We suggest not removing the screws entirely.
- Before tightening the screw, move the reed switch away from the pulley magnet by approximately 1/8 of an inch.
- If the distance between the reed switch and the pulley magnet is too great, it’ll impact your workout feedback accuracy.
- Plug in the power cord and rotate the pedals while monitoring the bike’s console display to ensure it’s displaying proper readings.
- If the console still isn’t displaying accurate feedback, repeat the process until it does.
Also, examine the reed switch, pulley, and magnets for any indications of damage. If there’s any dirt or debris on the pulley or magnets, use a mild, non-abrasive cleaner and a soft cloth to clean these components.
Video Guide: Adjusting the Reed switch
Factory Reset Your Bike
If your NordicTrack bike display not working, unresponsive, stuck on a white, black, or blue screen, or not turning on, factory resetting may resolve it. Here are the steps to follow:
- Unplug your NordicTrack bike from its outlet.
- Find the reset pinhole on the side, top, or back of your bike console. Refer to your bike’s user manual for more information.
- Insert a bobby pin or paperclip into the pinhole until you feel or hear the switch inside click.
- While holding down the reset switching inside the pinhole, plug your bike back into the outlet and flip the power switch on, preferably with the help of another.
- Remove the pin or paperclip once you see the iFit logo on the screen.
- Wait till the console initiates system recovery and completes the factory reset, which may take up to an hour.
- Note that factory resetting wipes your bike’s custom settings, so you’ll need to reconnect it to Wi-Fi, update it, and set it up again as per your preferences.
If the display doesn’t turn on after following the above steps, unplug your NordicTrack bike from the outlet, replug it, and try again.
Select NordicTrack Exercise Bike models have a dedicated reset button on the console. Refer to the official user manual to factory reset your bike.
Video Guide: Pinhole Reset
The following guide covers three effective troubleshooting methods to fix the NordicTrack bike display not working issue, which include checking the power, adjusting the reed switch, and factory resetting the console.
If you’ve followed the steps and still encountering problems with your bike’s screen, it may be time to contact customer service for further assistance. As long as your machine is under warranty and the display malfunction isn’t user-inflicted, NordicTrack will replace it free of cost.